Sunday, November 20, 2016

Mom G

I was invited to participate in a show called Blind Date. The curator selected 6 writers and 6 artists, we submitted 3 images or 3 writings and the curator arranged sending writing to the artist and images to the writers. We then made new work from the submission. I was anxious about doing a piece from outside influence but upon reading the poem within an hour I had the idea. This is a photo of my grandmother I took in art school. I discovered that the stitching could greatly add to the image. There is loose green thread that mimics grass. The poem was about losing someone close and how that person longed to mow the grass. Poem by Julie Winters.

Printed and commercial fabric, button, machine stitched
35" H x 51" W
April 2013
$3000

No comments:

Post a Comment